Highlight Reel

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • mrmarket
    replied
    Originally posted by billyjoe View Post
    Mr. Market,
    Have you been known to tailgate? It would be great to have a get together before a game, but how will we get enough meats and cheeses.

    -----------billy
    It is my specialty. Halftime also, when allowed.

    Leave a comment:


  • billyjoe
    replied
    Mr. Market,
    Have you been known to tailgate? It would be great to have a get together before a game, but how will we get enough meats and cheeses.

    -----------billy

    Leave a comment:


  • mrmarket
    replied
    Originally posted by steelman View Post
    Ernie,

    I sent the link to one my my freinds/ex teammates who currently coaches RB's at Montana. He also coached RB's at Wyoming the last 5 years. He said they are stacked at RB/FB but expressed interest as a DT. He felt Trevor would match up very well against O lineman that are not as fast, tough or as strong. Another school now has seen Trevor!!

    It's all about exposure and hype. When I was in high school, there was a kid that's dad had a friend at Sports Illustrated. Now this kid was a good athlete, not sure if Great, but good and he was a QB. He did go to a small HS and tore it up. His stats were crazy and ended up getting a cover on SI because of the connection. He then landed a scholarship to Stanford. Of course they converted him to WR and he ended up having a decent career. Imagine Trevor playing at a 1A or 2A school. He would Kill people.

    I also had 2 teammates (twin brothers) in college that were in the newspaper every weekend is HS. I asked them how that could be, with all the other schools and great players. They said their Dad had a friend that was the sportswriter. Anyway, the more schools/coaches that see that link the better. Somebody will have a spot for him!!

    Best,
    Joe

    Thanks Joe. I know that coaches get so many videos to look at that their heads spin but that they will always take a look at a clip sent to them by a friend or friend of a friend. So I appreciate all the help that you, and others on this forum, are willing to provide.

    Trevor has worked really hard on the field and in the classroom and I hopeful he will have some good college choices as a result.

    Leave a comment:


  • skiracer
    replied
    Originally posted by steelman View Post
    Ernie,

    I sent the link to one my my freinds/ex teammates who currently coaches RB's at Montana. He also coached RB's at Wyoming the last 5 years. He said they are stacked at RB/FB but expressed interest as a DT. He felt Trevor would match up very well against O lineman that are not as fast, tough or as strong. Another school now has seen Trevor!!

    It's all about exposure and hype. When I was in high school, there was a kid that's dad had a friend at Sports Illustrated. Now this kid was a good athlete, not sure if Great, but good and he was a QB. He did go to a small HS and tore it up. His stats were crazy and ended up getting a cover on SI because of the connection. He then landed a scholarship to Stanford. Of course they converted him to WR and he ended up having a decent career. Imagine Trevor playing at a 1A or 2A school. He would Kill people.

    I also had 2 teammates (twin brothers) in college that were in the newspaper every weekend is HS. I asked them how that could be, with all the other schools and great players. They said their Dad had a friend that was the sportswriter. Anyway, the more schools/coaches that see that link the better. Somebody will have a spot for him!!

    Best,
    Joe
    i see trevor in a big 10 or big east school without any problem. he's a bruiser right now and give him another year or two of a good weight program under the guidance of a bigtime college atheletic dept and watch what developes. i would not underestimate his abilities and possibilities but would go for the bigtime and forget about the smaller schools.

    Leave a comment:


  • steelman
    replied
    Montana

    Ernie,

    I sent the link to one my my freinds/ex teammates who currently coaches RB's at Montana. He also coached RB's at Wyoming the last 5 years. He said they are stacked at RB/FB but expressed interest as a DT. He felt Trevor would match up very well against O lineman that are not as fast, tough or as strong. Another school now has seen Trevor!!

    It's all about exposure and hype. When I was in high school, there was a kid that's dad had a friend at Sports Illustrated. Now this kid was a good athlete, not sure if Great, but good and he was a QB. He did go to a small HS and tore it up. His stats were crazy and ended up getting a cover on SI because of the connection. He then landed a scholarship to Stanford. Of course they converted him to WR and he ended up having a decent career. Imagine Trevor playing at a 1A or 2A school. He would Kill people.

    I also had 2 teammates (twin brothers) in college that were in the newspaper every weekend is HS. I asked them how that could be, with all the other schools and great players. They said their Dad had a friend that was the sportswriter. Anyway, the more schools/coaches that see that link the better. Somebody will have a spot for him!!

    Best,
    Joe

    Leave a comment:


  • billyjoe
    replied
    Mr.Market,
    How about Boise State? Could Trevor stand living in the middle of nowhere?

    ----------billy

    Leave a comment:


  • mrmarket
    replied
    Originally posted by njdevil View Post
    I sent the link to the head coach and Assistant Head Coach/Recruiting Coordinator for the Division 1-AA National Champion Richmond Spiders.

    Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.




    njdevil

    Excellent...who's next??

    Leave a comment:


  • njdevil
    replied
    Universty of Richmond

    I sent the link to the head coach and Assistant Head Coach/Recruiting Coordinator for the Division 1-AA National Champion Richmond Spiders.

    Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.




    njdevil

    Leave a comment:


  • mrmarket
    replied
    I have him on film in full gait running a 4.7 in full pads carrying a football. His 40 time is slow because he has never been trained on getting a good start. He's only been timed 5 times in his life. If he had gone to enough combines, he would have ran a 4.8 on one of those occasions.

    If he went to one of those speed schools where you run pulling a parachute and then learn the little tricks to shave a tenth of a second off of his start, he would be able to run a 4.6.

    He won't ever get taller than 5'11" but a 400 lb bench press is a certainty.

    Leave a comment:


  • skiracer
    replied
    Originally posted by billyjoe View Post
    Hey, I got an e-mail back from Coach Bruney. He said they are very interested in Trevor!

    -----------billy
    i sent bruney the highlight reel link and got an email back from him stating the same thing. very interested.

    Leave a comment:


  • steelman
    replied
    Originally posted by skiracer View Post
    i sent the coach the link to the highlight reel and told him that this kid was brutal!!! but i really do think a much larger and higher division college will see these highlights and take him. someone like a big ten, big 8, or sec school will see him and start drooling.
    he's punishing.
    Trevor is a HS stud. I love his style. He is a pure, old school tough, physical football player and he runs HARD. Kids like Trevor are far and few between. There are not a lot of tough kids anymore. He definitely has the skills to compete at any level, but the conferences that you mention are only going to see 5-11 and 4.9 40 yd. Is he going to continue to grow? Will he get faster? It's unknown. He will get stronger and fill out that is for sure. The big programs look at speed and size. College coaches are somewhat egotistical. They will take size and average talent and try to teach/coach them to be good. I just don't think BCS schools will give him a fair look.

    The great things about Trevor is that he has things you can't teach. You can't teach fire, heart, toughness (physical and mental) and he as all of this.

    The kids that land big time football school scholarships for linebackers/fullbacks are going to be running 4.6 in the 40. Most are going to be around 6-2, 225. I coached a HS linebacker here in CO a couple years ago that was 6-4, 230 with a 4.6 40. He was a national recruit. He ended up going to CU and had over 50 offers from major colleges.

    I don't think Trevor is going to Mount Union. He will definitely play I-AA or II if not a small, non BCS I-A. Personally, I hope he chooses one of the IVY league schools so there will be life after football.

    I wish him the best! I know the HS season is winding down with the playoffs ready to start. Good luck little $$$MM$$$!!

    Leave a comment:


  • mrmarket
    replied
    Great...if you guys know any other coaches in your area, please send the link.

    Leave a comment:


  • billyjoe
    replied
    Hey, I got an e-mail back from Coach Bruney. He said they are very interested in Trevor!

    -----------billy

    Leave a comment:


  • skiracer
    replied
    Originally posted by billyjoe View Post
    Mr. Market,
    It would be nice if forum members from 20 or 30 different states would send e-mails to the coach. I'll bet that doesn't happen often.

    ---------------billy
    i sent the coach the link to the highlight reel and told him that this kid was brutal!!! but i really do think a much larger and higher division college will see these highlights and take him. someone like a big ten, big 8, or sec school will see him and start drooling.
    he's punishing.

    Leave a comment:


  • peanuts
    replied
    That a great compilation of plays. It's amazing that this is from just one season.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X