Steckler's Star Studded Stock Picks

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Lyehopper
    replied
    Originally posted by DSteckler View Post
    Beyond huge. A college buddy is a CPA in Ft. Worth and he has a client who own one of those ranches. Guy has a Robinson helicopter we uses to check on his spread.
    I use a Polaris 4-wheel'r....SsSsSssss!

    Leave a comment:


  • DSteckler
    Guest replied
    Beyond huge. A college buddy is a CPA in Ft. Worth and he has a client who own one of those ranches. Guy has a Robinson helicopter we uses to check on his spread.

    Leave a comment:


  • Lyehopper
    replied
    Originally posted by DSteckler View Post
    Ft. Worth, TX, podner.
    Yes Sir.... Now that's beef cattle country.... I've heard of 30,000 acre ranches running 7-8 thousand cow/calf pair down there.... And feed lot operators finishing 250,000+ head.... Can you imagine the sheer size of such operations? HUUUUGE!!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • DSteckler
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by Lyehopper View Post
    Where's that Dave?....
    Ft. Worth, TX, podner.

    Leave a comment:


  • Lyehopper
    replied
    Originally posted by DSteckler View Post
    LOL! True 'nuff. And it will be where I'm moving to.
    Where's that Dave?....

    We've got all kinda Yankees invading us down here.LOL!.... Back in March a Volvo driving NJ couple paid just north of $1 million cash for a 105 acre farm about two miles down the creek from my place. The property has no road frontage (only an easement).... They are raising Alpacas. I heard they have paid as much as $10k for one animal. I gotta get in on this Alpaca deal.

    Leave a comment:


  • DSteckler
    Guest replied
    AP moving

    To the top of its rectangular base.

    Leave a comment:


  • DSteckler
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by Lyehopper View Post
    Cattle is "stock".... Well at least it is where I'm from....
    LOL! True 'nuff. And it will be where I'm moving to.

    Leave a comment:


  • Lyehopper
    replied
    Originally posted by DSteckler View Post
    Guess that explains all your posts on cattle, then.
    Cattle is "stock".... Well at least it is where I'm from....

    Leave a comment:


  • DSteckler
    Guest replied
    Pwei

    Very low ADX, starting to move out of the base.

    Leave a comment:


  • DSteckler
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by Lyehopper View Post
    Well, since this is a "stock pickin' forum" it's just nice to get "specific info" that's all....
    Guess that explains all your posts on cattle, then.

    Leave a comment:


  • Lyehopper
    replied
    Originally posted by DSteckler View Post
    Well, if the futures traders who are trading the out months aren't buying into the theory of crude selling off in the near month, what does that sound like to you?
    Well, since this is a "stock pickin' forum" it's just nice to get "specific info" that's all....

    I think the quick money short has already been made on the inventory build in crude over the past two weeks.... If you were paying attention that is.... I'd buy the refiners in a couple of weeks. See post #713 below....

    Leave a comment:


  • DSteckler
    Guest replied
    Well, if the futures traders who are trading the out months aren't buying into the theory of crude selling off in the near month, what does that sound like to you?
    Last edited by Guest; 09-15-2006, 10:01 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Lyehopper
    replied
    Originally posted by DSteckler View Post
    Crude's selling off on the near month contracts but the futures traders who are trading the out months are not buying into that thesis. History shows what that means.
    So what am I supposed to do to understand this cryptic post? Study History?<sjb>

    Leave a comment:


  • DSteckler
    Guest replied
    Crude

    Crude's selling off on the near month contracts but the futures traders who are trading the out months are not buying into that thesis. History shows what that means.

    Leave a comment:


  • DSteckler
    Guest replied
    ASTSF getting close

    Close to breaking out of a 1 1/2 week consolidation zone.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X