ASX ==> The James Buchanan Winner

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • jiesen
    replied
    Originally posted by jiesen View Post
    Boring writeup (not really), and an excellent pick. I'm in with you at 7.25, $$MM!!
    I just realized now that, split-adjusted, ASX was bought for 5.63, and so at 6.75 is trading 20% above where we bought it. So... I sold yet ANOTHER winning pick bought in 2015 today!

    Thanks for yet another great pick, $$MM!!!!! YOU ARE HUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • Louetta
    replied
    ASX today put out it's year end reports. They file on the SEC site, something I always like for foreign companies tho they use a different format.

    Anyway, year-end EPS was $.396 per ADS.

    Now in 2015, 16 and 17 they paid dividends of $.32, .25, and .23 per ADS. In 2018 they paid $.53. I'm not sure what we can say about the 2018 dividend. They paid $.36 in April right after the merger, or whatever it was. Anyway, if they revert to something in the 25 cents range the earnings should easily cover the dividend and at a closing price of $3.93 today that's a payout rate of just over 6%. Not too bad and seems safe and the stock was running near $5 til it collapsed with everything else about 10/1/18.

    Leave a comment:


  • mrmarket
    replied
    Originally posted by jiesen View Post
    hmm, ASX is about the only thing on the plus side in my portfolio on the close of trading yesterday... and 9% up is not too shabby!

    Seems like it's on its way

    Leave a comment:


  • jiesen
    replied
    hmm, ASX is about the only thing on the plus side in my portfolio on the close of trading yesterday... and 9% up is not too shabby!

    Leave a comment:


  • mimo_100
    replied
    Originally posted by Louetta View Post
    ASX came out with 2nd quarter earnings today, the first since the merger or creation of the new company or whatever they call it. Actually it's one month of the old company and two of the new to make the quarter. EPS was US $.182 per share and the stock rose a tad over 9% to US $5.12.

    I've seen no info about the dividend to be paid on the new shares but at US $5.12 per share a 1% dividend per quarter would, natch, be US $.0512 per share so with earnings per share of US $.182 for the quarter they would seem to have plenty of bucks to cover a nice dividend payout. One swallow does not a summer make (a metaphor, birds have nothing to do with this) so it's hard to say after one quarter but things are looking up.
    The new company is ASE TECHNOLOGY HOLDING CO LTD. I am glad things are looking up as I hold it at a cost basis of 5.8336. I enjoy watching a swallow or two on an early summer morning.

    Leave a comment:


  • Louetta
    replied
    ASX came out with 2nd quarter earnings today, the first since the merger or creation of the new company or whatever they call it. Actually it's one month of the old company and two of the new to make the quarter. EPS was US $.182 per share and the stock rose a tad over 9% to US $5.12.

    I've seen no info about the dividend to be paid on the new shares but at US $5.12 per share a 1% dividend per quarter would, natch, be US $.0512 per share so with earnings per share of US $.182 for the quarter they would seem to have plenty of bucks to cover a nice dividend payout. One swallow does not a summer make (a metaphor, birds have nothing to do with this) so it's hard to say after one quarter but things are looking up.

    Leave a comment:


  • Louetta
    replied
    Originally posted by Louetta View Post
    Bought some at 5.07. Don't see anything materially different from the initial write-up in this thread. Methinks it's down because the China market is down but I don't see they do material business on the mainland. Reasonable PE, good dividend. Zack's doesn't show earnings data.
    The above from 1-15-2016. Deja-vu all over again, methinks, except for the 5/4 split. The contre-temps with China over tariffs has, I wouldst opine, caused people to sell this (4.76 today). Think it will turn out to be a good buy again at these levels, though still haven't seen anything about the dividend since the re-org so that's a fuzzy.

    Leave a comment:


  • Karel
    replied
    And when I was not looking, ASX split 5:4 (May 1). At least according to my broker’s statements. And they are kind enough to show me holding 25% more shares.

    Leave a comment:


  • Louetta
    replied
    Bought a smidge. Looks good under $5. Hard to know what they'll do with the dividend but doubt they'll screw existing shareholders.

    Leave a comment:


  • jiesen
    replied
    Originally posted by Louetta View Post
    It helps me get to cabinets I can't reach.
    I ran out of toilet paper last month. Haven't had to buy any since!

    Leave a comment:


  • Louetta
    replied
    Originally posted by jiesen View Post
    I think they spent too much printing out that prospectus. It sure was thick!
    It helps me get to cabinets I can't reach.

    Leave a comment:


  • jiesen
    replied
    Originally posted by Louetta View Post
    I thought about buying more. No cohones though, without some idea of why the drop.
    I think they spent too much printing out that prospectus. It sure was thick!

    Leave a comment:


  • Louetta
    replied
    Originally posted by mrmarket View Post
    Anyway...I am still holding.
    I thought about buying more. No cohones though, without some idea of why the drop.

    Leave a comment:


  • mrmarket
    replied
    Anyway...I am still holding.

    Leave a comment:


  • Louetta
    replied
    Can't fathom why this has gotten hit the last two days.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X