Steckler's Star Studded Stock Picks

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DSteckler
    Guest replied
    Bow tie candidates for next week

    FNSR
    FRD
    CMO
    IIF
    VLTR
    FISV
    EFD
    MTK
    AFCE
    QQQQ
    STM
    CPKI
    UVV
    CLN
    CREAF
    EXPE



    1. The MAs shift from proper downtrend order (10-SMA < 20-EMA < 30-EMA) to proper uptrend order (10-SMA > 20-EMA > 30-EMA). What you're looking for is for the MAs to converge and then spread out again, giving the appearance of a bow tie.

    2. Today's low must be less than yesterday's low.

    3. Tomorrow, place a buy order 1 - 2 ticks above today's high good for tomorrow.

    4. If not filled, continue to work the order above the prior day's high good for the next trading day until either filled or the stock trades below its 20-day EMA.

    5. If filled, place a protective stop below the lowest bar in the setup.

    Leave a comment:


  • DSteckler
    Guest replied
    Cooper 1-2-3-4 candidates for next week

    ATRS

    Cooper candidates are stocks that have a high RS rank (95 or greater) and make a three-day pullback, either three consecutive lower lows or a combination of lower lows and inside days. Enter long on Day 4, 1 - 2 ticks above the Day-3 high. Use the exit strategy of your choice.

    The trade can be worked one additional day (lower low or inside day on Day 4, enter long on Day 5 one - two ticks above the Day-4 high). If it doesn't pop on Day 5, abandon the trade.

    Leave a comment:


  • DSteckler
    Guest replied
    Worth watching

    MDRX - nice consolidation after the huge up day two weeks ago.

    OKE - looking toppy; could pull back to the 50DMA.

    Leave a comment:


  • Runner
    Guest replied
    Dave, I like the set up on NEU.

    Leave a comment:


  • DSteckler
    Guest replied
    Worth watching

    GI - very low ADX, indicating a very tight daily range. Volume Flow Indicator turned bullish yesterday.

    NEU - C&H formation. Flat handle so far, which is less than ideal.

    SHOO - bounced off the 20-day EMA a few days ago.

    Leave a comment:


  • peanuts
    replied
    Originally posted by DSteckler View Post
    Peanuts, you've posted that you're averaging a 240% annual return (20%/month). Why do you care about option strategies?
    HA! I wish it was like that overall. No, see, I breakdown my entire financial portfolio into 3 groups: Long Term, Mid Term, and Short Term. The allocation of funds is approx 50%, 30%, 20%. Obviously, I have certain types of investments in each group- everything from an IRA that has stocks and one that has mutual funds, a small money market fund, a few bonds, lots of stocks, and ETF's, to actual gold and coins and to top it all off- my baseball card collection. However, I do not trade options or in FOREX. I do not get high double digit returns overall in my Mid Term group, so adding an option account to my MT and ST groups could help to increase my overall gain if I can follow this strategy.

    My ST portfolio takes a lot of risk. I'm getting better at picking these stocks, and I have recorded all my trades here, so there should be no doubt. However, I don't get to see those 240% annual gains even in this group, because I do portfolio rebalancing along the way. I try to maintain my ST group to only be 20% of my total portfolio. I also vary the amount invested in each position. I do not have too much money in the low priced stocks.

    Leave a comment:


  • DSteckler
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by peanuts View Post
    I have lots of learning to do.
    Peanuts, you've posted that you're averaging a 240% annual return (20%/month). Why do you care about option strategies?

    Leave a comment:


  • peanuts
    replied
    I have lots of learning to do. I have only begun to scratch the surface of even understanding options. I know the basics, but I have not been able to form a strategy. I find a lot of value in seeing what people think of a stock's future by looking at the option chain participation. I can't make any good stock picks from it, yet, but I'm trying to learn. If you know of anything I need to be reading to be able to form a stock picking strategy based on option chain participation, please put up some more links.

    Do you know of anyone that has a subscription to SBOE database? If you did what this paper says, then at a bare minimum, you only need $6000 just to break even on your purchase of the subscription. But, If you are really good, those "double digit returns" may be much higher than just 10%, and this could be an easy way to invest. I am interested.

    Leave a comment:


  • DSteckler
    Guest replied
    If You Know Options, You’re Likely to Know Stocks

    Leave a comment:


  • DSteckler
    Guest replied
    Bow tie candidates for next week

    APN (also, a Cooper 1-2-3-4 candidate)
    NOOF
    AGII
    AQNT
    FSN
    TPC


    1. The MAs shift from proper downtrend order (10-SMA < 20-EMA < 30-EMA) to proper uptrend order (10-SMA > 20-EMA > 30-EMA). What you're looking for is for the MAs to converge and then spread out again, giving the appearance of a bow tie.

    2. Today's low must be less than yesterday's low.

    3. Tomorrow, place a buy order 1 - 2 ticks above today's high good for tomorrow.

    4. If not filled, continue to work the order above the prior day's high good for the next trading day until either filled or the stock trades below its 20-day EMA.

    5. If filled, place a protective stop below the lowest bar in the setup.

    Leave a comment:


  • DSteckler
    Guest replied
    China breakout

    FXI gapped open higher and is trading at a 30-day high. Very low ADX (12.44) and rising stochastic/RSI suggest the move will continue.

    Leave a comment:


  • DSteckler
    Guest replied
    Rate hike odds

    From Bloomberg:

    "Futures prices show traders calculate about a 79 percent chance of a Fed pause today. The yield on the August fed fund futures contract is 5.29 percent, compared with 5.33 percent five days ago, when prices showed a 41 percent chance of a pause."

    Leave a comment:


  • DSteckler
    Guest replied
    Let me AXE you a question....

    AXE overbought and looks ripe to pull back a couple of points.

    Leave a comment:


  • DSteckler
    Guest replied
    HIgher oil?

    With BP taking 8% of US production off-line, I'm expecting Sept. crude (CLU06) to break out to the upside. It has a very low ADX (12.84) and had a positive DMI crossover last week.

    Leave a comment:


  • DSteckler
    Guest replied
    Upside bowties for next week

    AIXG
    ATRS
    AFG
    AMSC
    AMPX
    HRT
    BTRX
    CCMP
    CZN
    CRED
    GEHL
    HSC
    PTIE
    PEC
    RENT
    RSYS
    TLM
    TOC
    TAC
    VTAL



    1. The MAs shift from proper downtrend order (10-SMA < 20-EMA < 30-EMA) to proper uptrend order (10-SMA > 20-EMA > 30-EMA). What you're looking for is for the MAs to converge and then spread out again, giving the appearance of a bow tie.

    2. Today's low must be less than yesterday's low.

    3. Tomorrow, place a buy order 1 - 2 ticks above today's high good for tomorrow.

    4. If not filled, continue to work the order above the prior day's high good for the next trading day until either filled or the stock trades below its 20-day EMA.

    5. If filled, place a protective stop below the lowest bar in the setup.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X