Steckler's Star Studded Stock Picks

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Websman
    replied
    Steckler, Shmeckler.... Bahhhhhhhhhhh

    Leave a comment:


  • peanuts
    replied
    Originally posted by Tatnic View Post
    that's a good one peanut. Lets see how you do over the next few weeks before we crown you king of the markets.
    What do you mean by this post?

    Leave a comment:


  • Tatnic
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by peanuts View Post
    I also noticed his disapearance around this time. I always thought that it might have something to do with this post: LINK

    I've always regretted the way I structured that message. Maybe I hurt his delicate feelings?

    Of course, it may just be that many of his predictions have not come true, and many of his stocks did not breakout according to his standards. Maybe he internally masked his hatred for this group by convincing himself that it was us who was causing him so much displeasure here, and not his lousy attitude or poor stock-picking performance. Honestly, I used him as a contrarian indicator on many trades. I made money by going opposite DSteckler. I didn't think much of his ideas or his loose reccommendations. What 'good' did he bring to the table? Did we really lose much?

    So long, Dave
    that's a good one peanut. Lets see how you do over the next few weeks before we crown you king of the markets.

    Leave a comment:


  • peanuts
    replied
    Originally posted by mrmarket View Post
    It's funny, but he seemed to have disappeared as soon as AXR turned around. Just my 2 cents.
    I also noticed his disapearance around this time. I always thought that it might have something to do with this post: LINK

    I've always regretted the way I structured that message. Maybe I hurt his delicate feelings?

    Of course, it may just be that many of his predictions have not come true, and many of his stocks did not breakout according to his standards. Maybe he internally masked his hatred for this group by convincing himself that it was us who was causing him so much displeasure here, and not his lousy attitude or poor stock-picking performance. Honestly, I used him as a contrarian indicator on many trades. I made money by going opposite DSteckler. I didn't think much of his ideas or his loose reccommendations. What 'good' did he bring to the table? Did we really lose much?

    So long, Dave

    Leave a comment:


  • mrmarket
    replied
    I must say I appreciated Steckler's input on this forum.

    Quite frankly, I was disappointed in his behavior sometimes. He seemed to take great glee in watching AXR plummet and had a lot of fun at my expense. When the stock turned around (and did it ever) he never once offered congratulations or admitted that his call was wrong on AXR. (Major suckage).

    It would have been nice if he had explained his reasoning for the bashing of this stock and to see his acceptance that the other side was correct.

    It's funny, but he seemed to have disappeared as soon as AXR turned around. Just my 2 cents.

    Leave a comment:


  • mrmarket
    replied
    Originally posted by jiesen View Post
    True, and I think that (this) is what annoyed him more than anything else. He is an arrogant dude, and occasionally wrong... but I believe he is quite a sharp guy, and was never afraid to speak his mind. I also miss him greatly, and hope that he comes back even if it's just to complain about our OT banter.

    He is definitely right, though, that this board needs more stock talk.
    major suckage

    Leave a comment:


  • skiracer
    replied
    Originally posted by jiesen View Post
    True, and I think that (this) is what annoyed him more than anything else. He is an arrogant dude, and occasionally wrong... but I believe he is quite a sharp guy, and was never afraid to speak his mind. I also miss him greatly, and hope that he comes back even if it's just to complain about our OT banter.

    He is definitely right, though, that this board needs more stock talk.
    I liked the guy and he knew what he was talking about although authorative at times. He is a straight shooter and his positives far outweighed his negatives. He just wanted to talk about stocks rather than alot of the other stuff that gets air time here. Everyone does what they want to do. I have to admire him for that. You never realize how much someone means to you until they're gone. I would like to see him come back. We can't afford to lose guys of his calibre and knowledge regardless of his personality and whether or not you agree with him or not.

    Leave a comment:


  • jiesen
    replied
    Dave, please come back, and bring your 5-star picks!

    Originally posted by skiracer View Post
    It has gotten kind of lopsided in the non-stock related commentary lately.
    True, and I think that (this) is what annoyed him more than anything else. He is an arrogant dude, and occasionally wrong... but I believe he is quite a sharp guy, and was never afraid to speak his mind. I also miss him greatly, and hope that he comes back even if it's just to complain about our OT banter.

    He is definitely right, though, that this board needs more stock talk.

    Leave a comment:


  • skiracer
    replied
    Originally posted by IIC View Post
    Because he doesn't like all the Non-Stock related posts IMO
    It has gotten kind of lopsided in the non-stock related commentary lately.

    Leave a comment:


  • IIC
    replied
    Originally posted by dmk112 View Post
    Why did he leave?
    Because he doesn't like all the Non-Stock related posts IMO

    Leave a comment:


  • dmk112
    replied
    Why did he leave?

    Leave a comment:


  • IIC
    replied
    I'm sorry to see Dave go...He was a bit condescending and somewhat weak in the humour department...But I picked up some useful tips from him...Best of luck to him...Doug(IIC)

    Leave a comment:


  • Websman
    replied
    I think Dave made too much money this year...

    Leave a comment:


  • mrmarket
    replied
    Goodbye Dave

    Mr. Steckler has unsubscribed from mrmarketishuge.com. I will miss him.

    Leave a comment:


  • DSteckler
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by Runner View Post
    What are ya watching Dave?
    A container of Vicodin. I just got back from the oral surgeon.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X