Runner's Rascals

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • skiracer
    replied
    Originally posted by mrmarket View Post
    where is Runner?
    Runner was a regular here several years back. Always had good posts and info to add to our base here. Don't remember exactly why he decided to leave but I think is was because he got tired of alot of the bullshit that was being posted here by several types that are no longer around here.

    Leave a comment:


  • mrmarket
    replied
    where is Runner?

    Leave a comment:


  • jiesen
    replied
    Yeah, he also found GPRO right before I started working at the place! Wish he'd come back and tell us what he's been up to.

    Leave a comment:


  • mrmarket
    replied
    Originally posted by Runner View Post
    Group list for Friday:
    ALKS
    AOS
    ARNA
    CEPH
    CLZR
    CRM
    CTRN
    DAKT
    FOSL
    GFI
    GLG
    GPRO
    HOV
    IMCL
    IPS
    LI
    MNTA
    MTXX
    MW
    NDSN
    REGN
    RGLD
    SERO
    TEK
    TOA
    VIVO

    Looks like Runner found FOSL well before I did..where did Runner go?

    Leave a comment:


  • skiracer
    replied
    Originally posted by IIC View Post
    Gold is a piece of shiny metal...It is only worth what people think it is worth...There are many uses for gold...just look at my back molars...But why do people want it or why do they think it is so valuable?

    Heck...maybe we should have a Saffron based economy
    maybe it's because of it's scarcity, availability, how hard it is to find and mine out of the ground. it's not exactly like you go out and find it everywhere and just pick it up. there are other precious metals that cost more and are more scarce.

    Leave a comment:


  • IIC
    replied
    Originally posted by billyjoe View Post
    Ski,
    I've been against gold since it first went to 800 years ago and then back below 300. I never invisioned the dollar going down the toilet which means gold isn't the highly speculative commodity it's been all these years.

    -------------billyjoe
    Gold is a piece of shiny metal...It is only worth what people think it is worth...There are many uses for gold...just look at my back molars...But why do people want it or why do they think it is so valuable?

    Heck...maybe we should have a Saffron based economy

    Leave a comment:


  • IIC
    replied
    Originally posted by skiracer View Post
    if things continue as they are and oil keeps climbing it will ruin our economy and consumer spending will dry up and you know what that will do to this country and our economy.
    To be honest...I really don't know what it will do. But I do know that a lower USD will allow US companies that export to sell more products overseas.

    I believe that one of the problems is the idea of a New America and I posted this many years ago when WON came up with that term...I think it is a "New World"

    Of course I want America to be the LEADER in the New World Economy...But not the Imperialist though.

    Leave a comment:


  • billyjoe
    replied
    Ski,
    I've been against gold since it first went to 800 years ago and then back below 300. I never invisioned the dollar going down the toilet which means gold isn't the highly speculative commodity it's been all these years.

    -------------billyjoe

    Leave a comment:


  • skiracer
    replied
    Originally posted by IIC View Post
    At the rate we are going it seems like we are going to have to carry an ounce of gold around with us so we can buy gas
    if things continue as they are and oil keeps climbing it will ruin our economy and consumer spending will dry up and you know what that will do to this country and our economy.

    Leave a comment:


  • IIC
    replied
    Originally posted by skiracer View Post

    Still holding the position and now up 42 points. almost a double. this estimate seems conservative now but i think it could go to 1000 at which point i would have to take the money and run. Up over 40,000 gain with the trade. Hard to believe.

    I've started to look at some longer term plays. I like DO & CME & TASR. I'm in TASR from 8 and am now considering buying again in this market pullback. this will provide a real good entry. looking for TASR to go over 30. Chicago Mercantile Exchange is one that is going to be involved in all the commodities that everyone uses everyday and is the closest thing a fund of all the products that are involved in our economy. Everytime someone makes a trade in the futures markets on commodoties and money they are in the action.
    Diamond Offshore is a major player in the oil patch.
    At the rate we are going it seems like we are going to have to carry an ounce of gold around with us so we can buy gas

    Leave a comment:


  • skiracer
    replied
    Originally posted by skiracer View Post
    Runner,
    Originally posted by skiracer View Post
    I've been holding that gold ETF (GLD) since back in May/June of 2005. Up over 100 points since my entry. I think we'll see it over 600 or more by the end of 2006.
    Still holding the position and now up 42 points. almost a double. this estimate seems conservative now but i think it could go to 1000 at which point i would have to take the money and run. Up over 40,000 gain with the trade. Hard to believe.

    I've started to look at some longer term plays. I like DO & CME & TASR. I'm in TASR from 8 and am now considering buying again in this market pullback. this will provide a real good entry. looking for TASR to go over 30. Chicago Mercantile Exchange is one that is going to be involved in all the commodities that everyone uses everyday and is the closest thing a fund of all the products that are involved in our economy. Everytime someone makes a trade in the futures markets on commodoties and money they are in the action.
    Diamond Offshore is a major player in the oil patch.

    I am still swing trading but have been feeling more comfortable with the longer intermediate to long term trades driven by sales and earnings. Still am basing alot of the decisions on the technical aspects of the charts and but starting to look more into the fundamental areas of sales, earnings, and product. Less work holding for the longer term and finding the gems that will evolve into those big winners.

    Leave a comment:


  • Runner
    Guest replied
    I like LCAV in the 37's.. with tgt near 200dma

    Leave a comment:


  • Runner
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by peanuts View Post
    excellent! I'll have to add this to my watchlist. Any idea what kind of fair value you might put on it?

    Chart says $30 is attainable, with resistance at 26.50 and 28
    I agree on high 25's as possible R. I do view the slight gap as bullish

    Leave a comment:


  • peanuts
    replied
    Originally posted by Runner View Post
    Well it took a while but HLEX does not disappoint..
    excellent! I'll have to add this to my watchlist. Any idea what kind of fair value you might put on it?

    Chart says $30 is attainable, with resistance at 26.50 and 28

    Leave a comment:


  • Runner
    Guest replied
    Well it took a while but HLEX does not disappoint..

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X