Runner's Rascals

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • peanuts
    replied
    I hate bad news

    Runner,

    Your information is good. Your charts are good... Your posts are good. I read them. Other people read them. We all get knowledge from them. We should give you more feedback, but when you are complete in your thoughts and structure, it is hard to add to it, or refute it, so the result is lower responses. Maybe if you dumbed down the posts, more participation would happen.

    Keep posting, dude. I enjoy your thoughts.

    Take a little break, but come back.

    Leave a comment:


  • ParkTwain
    Guest replied
    I can understand that you have stopped to consider what is the point of your participation on the board. There is not much structure in how this board is organized, and the participating individuals obviously take differing approaches to making $$$ in the markets. However, as you have learned, there are several basic and fundamental truths that come into play for a trader regardless of the specific techniques used to find opportunities on a daily basis, and you have posted often about several of them. That has lots of value to the board because each of us brings incomplete knowledge to the board and different paths followed for the experience each of has gained to date. So there is a good amount each of us can learn from any of us. People participate in the markets while having such differing life situations and money-making goals, that it's not surprising to me that there would be perhaps a relatively low intersection of needs about what to communicate to each other on a daily basis.

    I think there is value in posting each person's own progress about how we are understanding and refining our own investing techniques. It is up to the individual to see the value in another person's point of view and techniques, and when something of more generally applicable value has been posted, or when any of us can see a practical benefit from another person's posts, it helps the robustness of the board to take the time to post and say so. This is a "fellow travelers" kind of situatiion with perhaps not a lot of intersection among board participants about specifics.

    For instance, I think there could be a lot of value in discussing the relevance and usefulness of the various technical indicators. But that discussion is necessarily going to be affected by the assumptions of each trader, each trader's risk/return preferences, available capital, time available to spend doing research, computer savvy, etc. That's a lot to work through asynchronously among a large group of participants in an unstructured way.

    So the result it that we learn to lower expectations of what can be accomplished informally among even the friendliest of fellow travelers. Out there in the universe of traders, I would say it's not that easy to find the fellow travelers except using these extended virtual networks that are made possible by the internet and various kinds of collaborative software.

    The emphasis of your posts lately has been on fine-tuning a given rational approach to managing a portfolio of stocks chosen based on certain selection or set-up criteria. That has value in itself, given certain personal goals, but just as a for instance it's not exactly my own preferred approach right now. I see portfolio management in general as a wealth CONSERVATION practice, whereas I see myself as being in a wealth ACCUMULATION (more aggressiveness is preferred in taking individual positions) phase. Over the course of an individual's life and practice, there can be a place for both. (That is just one aspect where two board participants might diverge in their orientations to the markets.) But assuming one has success in wealth accumulation, then there will definitely be a time to want to practice wealth conservation. You could provide me with feedback about my perception about that if I am missing something.
    Last edited by Guest; 09-03-2006, 01:37 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Rob
    replied
    Hey, Runner. Here's my "diagnosis," for what it's worth. You're suffering from Message Board Burn Out Syndrome, or MBBOS. Recommendation: cut back for a while, and if that doesn't work, cease MB activity altogether for a predetermined amount of time. Upon resumption go slowly at first. Find a comfort level and do not exceed it.

    Seriously, I also like your contributions to the board and would like to see you stick around. I only wish you'd include volume bars on the charts you post!

    Whatever you ultimately decide to do, best to you, dude.

    Leave a comment:


  • spikefader
    replied
    Runner,

    First, I want to say thanks for your contributions. Many of your posts have prompted me to think about things I may not have though of alone, and you've encouraged and promoted technical analysis from interesting angles, and you've also promoted sensible risk control and position sizing, all the while with a mature and friendly demeanor. You're one of the good guys around here in my book and I wish you success in all your goals and dreams. Sorry for not being more interactive in this thread, and not actively giving the recognition I think you're due.

    Hope you'll still stick around and throw your opinion at stuff where you get the chance.

    Best to ya!

    Leave a comment:


  • skiracer
    replied
    Originally posted by Runner View Post
    Folks it has been a pleasure for me to have found MM’s forum. I’ve completed my quest here and in closing I shall say my findings in public.

    First off posting ideas on a forum is meaningless. In that everybody has different thoughts and ideas as to a set-up or trading/investing methodologies. It appears posts on this forum have been lacking any substance. Do we all simply post to gather feedback of a certain idea? Or do we post –to- post? I view a difference of the two and this is how I view things. Those who post ideas are trying to get others to participate in the idea. This for the most part has not been occurring to any degree of useful information. I see posts simply being posts of what I view as popularity posts. I’ll be the first to admit I’m not here for any popularity contest. As my feeling will not melt if someone disagrees with an idea I’ve presented.

    Without mentioning names I can count on one hand of those members who try to post any meaningful information that others may benefit from. Well having come to my senses I’m closing the runner thread and shall not post my thoughts on stocks. Like I stated it is meaningless and waist of one’s time. It appears to me as the forum has come down to popularity of forum members. I can honestly state my intentions of the info I’ve provided were good-natured. Was I looking for validation to my hundreds of lists? Yes, I think so. Was I trying to show that my ideas work? Yes, but then the light came on and I said why are you doing this? Could it have been insecurity on my part? Well it might. I thought maybe some lurker might make a profit on an idea I presented.

    I wish each one of you success in your quest of the markets and that your goals become a reality.

    George/Runner
    Runner,
    I feel the same way on occassion when I think I post something of value and it goes by without any comment or acknowledgement that it was even posted. You're not alone in wanting or needing some type of acknowledgement of your expertise or worth within the group. It's human nature and no fault on anyone's part to feel that way. You as much as anyone have always contributed 110% and have been genuinely sincere in the info you have provided in your posts. As far as the content of the dialogue on the forum of late it does seem that it is lacking substance to some degree from what we have had in the past. The only way to make that change is for each of us to try their best to elevate the level of our dialogue and subject matter. In doing that perhaps we will push each other to offer up more of what it takes to keep this place interesting and keep people like yourself wanting to stay. You're an integral part of this forum and have been here for quite awhile. Loosing your input and interaction is going to be a big loss to each and every one of us and the forum in general. Just wanted to let you know that everything that you put up here has been a positive effect for the forum an appreciated by all of us. Perhaps you might reconsider or over time your present feelings will subside and you'll begin posting again. It has been a good trip and I'm going to miss your posts and all around imput. Good luck to you Runner.

    Leave a comment:


  • New-born baby
    replied
    Just a minute, please

    Originally posted by Runner View Post
    Folks it has been a pleasure for me to have found MM’s forum. I’ve completed my quest here and in closing I shall say my findings in public.

    First off posting ideas on a forum is meaningless. In that everybody has different thoughts and ideas as to a set-up or trading/investing methodologies. It appears posts on this forum have been lacking any substance. Do we all simply post to gather feedback of a certain idea? Or do we post –to- post? I view a difference of the two and this is how I view things. Those who post ideas are trying to get others to participate in the idea. This for the most part has not been occurring to any degree of useful information. I see posts simply being posts of what I view as popularity posts. I’ll be the first to admit I’m not here for any popularity contest. As my feeling will not melt if someone disagrees with an idea I’ve presented.

    Without mentioning names I can count on one hand of those members who try to post any meaningful information that others may benefit from. Well having come to my senses I’m closing the runner thread and shall not post my thoughts on stocks. Like I stated it is meaningless and waist of one’s time. It appears to me as the forum has come down to popularity of forum members. I can honestly state my intentions of the info I’ve provided were good-natured. Was I looking for validation to my hundreds of lists? Yes, I think so. Was I trying to show that my ideas work? Yes, but then the light came on and I said why are you doing this? Could it have been insecurity on my part? Well it might. I thought maybe some lurker might make a profit on an idea I presented.

    I wish each one of you success in your quest of the markets and that your goals become a reality.

    George/Runner
    Runner,
    I hope that I have misread your post. I think I read that you won't be posting anymore. I sure hope not, because I value your opinion and viewpoint on positions taken. I have gained insight and grown in my investing philosophy from your posts. So from my point of view, I sure hope you'll stick around and give us your viewpoint. I want to learn something from you.

    Leave a comment:


  • Runner
    Guest replied
    Folks it has been a pleasure for me to have found MM’s forum. I’ve completed my quest here and in closing I shall say my findings in public.

    First off posting ideas on a forum is meaningless. In that everybody has different thoughts and ideas as to a set-up or trading/investing methodologies. It appears posts on this forum have been lacking any substance. Do we all simply post to gather feedback of a certain idea? Or do we post –to- post? I view a difference of the two and this is how I view things. Those who post ideas are trying to get others to participate in the idea. This for the most part has not been occurring to any degree of useful information. I see posts simply being posts of what I view as popularity posts. I’ll be the first to admit I’m not here for any popularity contest. As my feeling will not melt if someone disagrees with an idea I’ve presented.

    Without mentioning names I can count on one hand of those members who try to post any meaningful information that others may benefit from. Well having come to my senses I’m closing the runner thread and shall not post my thoughts on stocks. Like I stated it is meaningless and waist of one’s time. It appears to me as the forum has come down to popularity of forum members. I can honestly state my intentions of the info I’ve provided were good-natured. Was I looking for validation to my hundreds of lists? Yes, I think so. Was I trying to show that my ideas work? Yes, but then the light came on and I said why are you doing this? Could it have been insecurity on my part? Well it might. I thought maybe some lurker might make a profit on an idea I presented.

    I wish each one of you success in your quest of the markets and that your goals become a reality.

    George/Runner

    Leave a comment:


  • skiracer
    replied
    Got a little of what I thought might happen this week. I think the uptrend will be stronger this coming week once it can clear $5 and hold that. I still in there holding.

    Leave a comment:


  • Runner
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by skiracer View Post
    Med Instruments - BVX - high on my watchlist for another entry this coming week.
    I’ll check it out SKI. I have not gone through the stocks within the sectors yet and will do so this weekend..

    Ski, I wanted to tell you awesome play on SONS. I hope it hits your target next week.

    Leave a comment:


  • skiracer
    replied
    Originally posted by Runner View Post
    Results of tonight’s scans:

    11 stocks from DRUG sector
    11 from HEALTH SERVICES
    10 from ELECTRONICS
    8 from DIVERSIFIED SEVERCES

    This leads me to think drugs; health services and Electronics might be the area to focus on next week.
    Biotech
    Diagnostic Substances
    Drug Delivery
    Drug Manufactures-Other
    Health Care Plans
    Med Instruments
    Med Instruments - BVX - high on my watchlist for another entry this coming week.

    Leave a comment:


  • Runner
    Guest replied
    Results of tonight’s scans:

    11 stocks from DRUG sector
    11 from HEALTH SERVICES
    10 from ELECTRONICS
    8 from DIVERSIFIED SEVERCES

    This leads me to think drugs; health services and Electronics might be the area to focus on next week.
    Biotech
    Diagnostic Substances
    Drug Delivery
    Drug Manufactures-Other
    Health Care Plans
    Med Instruments

    Leave a comment:


  • Runner
    Guest replied
    This list is about exhausted and here are the total stocks and percent gain/loss since hitting list. Trigger zone is over and I will now need another pull back in the market to receive set-up. This is pretty darn good if I say so myself.

    NVDA 10.46%
    FORM 9.23
    AVCT 9.21
    TRID 7.75
    KBAY 7.67
    MSCC 7.02
    CBRL 6.82
    ALTR 6.65
    ADTN 6.48
    GOL 6.17
    STP 6.17
    BRCM 5.57
    FSL 5.55
    FSL 5.55
    ASML 5.41
    MEOH 5.24
    BW 4.68
    BMC 4.66
    AIRM 4.61
    FTEK 4.59
    JBX 4.59
    KLAC 4.51
    WW 4.46
    MBT 4.34
    EGLT 4.31
    INFY 4.29
    TXN 4.04
    THQI 3.85
    SNX 3.69
    PWEI 3.55
    KFI 3.43
    FAF 3.19
    WGII 3.14
    CERN 3.12
    NTLI 2.96
    MDCO 2.78
    IDTI 2.67
    COHR 2.57
    HDB 2.46
    VCP 2.45
    MCHX 2.42
    CY 2.30
    ISE 2.21
    BID 2.19
    JDAS 2.14
    AGR 1.99
    AMD 1.71
    REDF 1.45
    NOK 1.45
    EFII 1.44
    RBAK 1.32
    AB 1.16
    BOW 1.02
    The following are negative:
    ESE .69
    FMER .78
    FDG 1.04
    MOS 1.41
    MEDI 2.26
    TZOO 5.43

    Leave a comment:


  • Runner
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by Websman View Post
    It's been scorching hot for the past few days...and you still feel like looking through 1,027 stocks? Man you must be tough...lol
    Webs it only takes about 30 minutes to view them all. I’ll give each one maybe a few seconds to flag or pass.

    Leave a comment:


  • Runner
    Guest replied
    Updated stocks that dropped of
    NVDA STP BRCM FTEK MSCC NTLI CERN HDB MEOH KBAY KFI AVCT ASML INFY JDAS SNX ADTN ALTR JBX WW BMC AB CBRL

    Tonight’s scans does not return much a flip. Maybe a few in Silver..

    Leave a comment:


  • Runner
    Guest replied
    The following have dropped off my scan;
    BRCM STP NTLI CERN HDB KBAY AVCT ASML ADTN WW ALTR SNX AB CBRL

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X