Runner's Rascals

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Runner
    Guest replied
    Here is an interesting link. I-watch is suppose to give you a better feel for what the big boys are doing as far as buying and selling pressure. Take today as an example. The Q’s price went up, but further look under the hood says big dogs were dumping. How do you figure this out into the volume bare for today’s action? http://thomson.finance.lycos.com/lyc...er?ticker=qqqq

    Leave a comment:


  • Runner
    Guest replied
    Test Port had another R1 stop in ZMH and replaced it with UFPI short. I also took UFPI short in my real port. KBH did reach stop target and I pulled it due to weakness in the sector. Finally several are beginning to move in direction expected.

    Current standings 9 open positions 5 up and 4 down. Will look for another short position to keep the 30/70 allocations.

    Leave a comment:


  • dmk112
    replied
    Originally posted by Runner
    Dmk, long time hope all is well!!

    Here is my updated list of potential shorts. I have one long in here OMCL… Most in pullback mode..

    PEIX IIIN AIRM WFR RTI YHOO ASPV FWLT WSO LRCX CASY ECOL ISIL UFPI RYL HAL BHS SCSS KBH HOV BZH

    Been out of the market for some time...it's been boring me. I found DXPE and it finally got me excited again
    All is well...just busy with the 9-5 and my personal life.

    Leave a comment:


  • Runner
    Guest replied
    My little experiment a few pages back on my test port is set up in a way I think is worth mentioning. Port value 10K and it has 10 positions. Most might think this is crazy and why would you buy 10 positions with only 10K? Here is what I’m interested in.
    1. Risk
    2. Size of position

    Sure I’m risking 10% of the port if all got stopped out. This means I would loss 1,000 of the 10K. Now the actual risk per position is only 100. The size of the positions are based off the risk. You say wow why would one risk 10% on a position? Easy the position size defines my risk. Many do not understand this and simply plunk down the cash and buy as many shares as they can with out thinking about risk.

    If you wanted you can size your position with as much risk as you want and still keep your 1-2% total risk tolerance of your position. 15-or 20% but here is what you should keep in mind. I’ll use my example port as an example. I’m risking 10% is this my R-multiple or R1. I’m looking for at least a R-multiple of 2 and ideally R3 or 30%. Each position is expected to increase to 20-30% or about $200-$300 remember I’m only risking 100. per position. I’ll then track the R-multiples for each position. Sure you might buy fewer shares, but you’ll not blow out your account. The experiment was also based on just a glance of the chart and that was it. I plan to run this experiment with my swing set-ups later.

    First stop out is SWK with a little over R1 or 100.00
    I think the huge trick with this is position allocation as to long or short. I’ve currently ran this port with a 30/70 or 30% long and 70% short. This is key in my mind.

    Leave a comment:


  • Runner
    Guest replied
    Here a few I like BZH HOV and KBH all have the same set up taking place at the same time. In fact several in the Res Construction group look alike.

    Leave a comment:


  • Runner
    Guest replied
    Dmk, long time hope all is well!!

    Here is my updated list of potential shorts. I have one long in here OMCL… Most in pullback mode..

    PEIX IIIN AIRM WFR RTI YHOO ASPV FWLT WSO LRCX CASY ECOL ISIL UFPI RYL HAL BHS SCSS KBH HOV BZH

    Leave a comment:


  • dmk112
    replied
    Originally posted by Runner
    I like this chart of UFPI. I would like to see the pullback drift up some more and get near the base. I think this stock belongs around the 36.00 area.

    I like that one runner...

    Leave a comment:


  • Runner
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by Runner
    NB I put in last 5 days volume as well. Now these need Further investigation and many very well may not be ready yet, as they are still pulling back. I’m going into the groups this weekend and see how things look.
    AA
    ABAX
    AEOS
    AMT
    AMX
    ANDE
    ARII
    ARW
    ASEI
    ASTE
    ATI
    BAS
    BRY
    BVN
    CAL
    CAS
    CCJ
    CHAP
    CMC
    CR
    DO
    DRQ
    ECA
    ERF
    FCL
    FCS
    GLG
    GMRK
    GMT
    GOL
    GSF
    HERO
    HSC
    ICE
    IVAC
    KCS
    LTM
    MAN
    MBT
    MDTL
    MRTN
    MTLM
    NDE
    NEM
    NEU
    NOV
    NSC
    NSS
    NUE
    NWRE
    OS
    PBW
    PD
    PEIX
    PJC
    RIO
    ROP
    RTI
    RUTH
    RVI
    SSRI
    STLD
    STT
    SU
    SWN
    SWSI
    TAM
    TEX
    TSO
    TX
    UNT
    VLO
    WPSC
    X
    XTO

    I took the volume out because the post was a mile long...hehe
    My random port is sucking wind with stop out on SWK. Follow up off master short list from back in May. Almost everyone on these guys triggered and fell down very well. June 5th and 6th sems to have been the huge trigger day!!

    Leave a comment:


  • Runner
    Guest replied
    Pink line is the sub sector action for Lumber, Wood Production. Notice at point 1 how the sector puts in a mini double top. Action was confirmed in UFPI as well. Point 2 shows the sector in drift mode. Sector crashes with confirmation on UFPI. Point 3 shows sector possibly putting in a mini double top. This very well may act as R and send the group down for another leg out…

    Leave a comment:


  • New-born baby
    replied
    Originally posted by skiracer
    Runner,
    It looks to be setting up like it did previously before this recent drop. Another bear flag could easily take it down to under $40. That would be a nice short if it does drift up a bit before the next slide down. Looks worth keeping a eye on for the next couple of days. I think it tanks just like you called it.
    Ski,
    You are right. It seems to be working on a bear flag on the weekly, and if it busts current support ($50), then $40 minus seems to be the next stop. Nice call; I'll be watching it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Runner
    Guest replied
    I got it loaded into my screen Ski. The group looks about the same. All in down trending mode. Not many in the group here is the list I show for comparison and group chart action. KOP LPX WY AERT AMWD MYS DEL POPEZ

    Leave a comment:


  • skiracer
    replied
    Originally posted by Runner
    I like this chart of UFPI. I would like to see the pullback drift up some more and get near the base. I think this stock belongs around the 36.00 area.

    Runner,
    It looks to be setting up like it did previously before this recent drop. Another bear flag could easily take it down to under $40. That would be a nice short if it does drift up a bit before the next slide down. Looks worth keeping a eye on for the next couple of days. I think it tanks just like you called it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Runner
    Guest replied
    JOYG is another candidate. Chart is a little loose and notice how it tightened up during the acceleration down from last base. This one needs to pull back more. I think this stock belongs around the 22.00 area

    Leave a comment:


  • Runner
    Guest replied
    I like this chart of UFPI. I would like to see the pullback drift up some more and get near the base. I think this stock belongs around the 36.00 area.

    Leave a comment:


  • Runner
    Guest replied
    Few stocks on my short list. These stocks fit my likings as they fell out of a base and are currently in first pullback. I would like to see them pullback some more..
    AIRM RTI JOYG CHE CRYP SIRF WSO LRCX ECOL BJS NTGR UFPI ALKS RYL HAL

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X