Runner's Rascals

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Runner
    Guest replied
    I think what I do is what they call the tops down or bottoms up approach. I like for 3 things to be working in harmony.
    1. S&P
    2. Sector action
    3. Stock

    Currently we don’t have the three elements working in harmony and so stock pickings according to my scans have been skimpy. Many might disagree with this but hey like MR. Market has said, “more then one way to make money in the markets”.

    Leave a comment:


  • Runner
    Guest replied
    Park, I have a scan that I’ve set up that feeds me the individual stocks that made a new 52 week high. If it makes another high the next day it remains on the list. I’ve also got the same thing for 52 week lows. I then input this data into excel and keep tabs on what is going on. I also monitor several Indices and input stock up vs. down into excel. From this info I compile a pie chart that gives some info I like. For example this week thus far I’m showing Bears have a nice gain over the bulls. In fact the data come out tonight as 76% bear and 24% bull. This does not imply one to run out and short the market. It just gives me a market bias. I run a momentum scan that is very loose from the scans I either confirm or deny my data. I mentioned this before somewhere on this forum. My scans return anywhere from 1000 to 1500 charts. I simply hit my space bar to cycle through and flag anything that remotely looks interesting. From the flagged charts I’ll create a new watch list and then look under the hood at what sectors have the most weight on my list.

    Leave a comment:


  • ParkTwain
    Guest replied
    New "parabolic SAR buy signals" as new short setups

    Runner, I've been using the StockCharts.com stock scan ( http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/SC.scan ) named "Parabolic SAR Buy Signals" to watch for swings up for stocks that are close to making a new high. But almost all the Naz stocks found from this scan are steep downtrending stocks that happened to show a new upturn and thus are probably setting up for a new move down. Maybe you are watching for this kind of thing already.

    There's so many sh*t stocks on the Naz anyway, that it must pretty easy pickings for putting on new shorts.

    Leave a comment:


  • ParkTwain
    Guest replied
    Does your chart show the number of distinct *stocks* making highs, or is each figure the number of *instances* (maybe the same stock hits a new high more than once this week?) of a new high being made?

    Leave a comment:


  • Runner
    Guest replied
    Here is this week’s new high/low list thus far this week. My database covers 8,000 stocks.

    Leave a comment:


  • Runner
    Guest replied
    ALJ

    Leave a comment:


  • Runner
    Guest replied
    Here was the SWFT play…

    Leave a comment:


  • Runner
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by Runner View Post
    Current triggers:
    SM ALJ SWFT

    Few still in set up mode:
    DIGE BVN ATRS
    Triggers
    DIGE=gap
    BVN=trigger and comes back in
    ATRS=triggers and comes back in

    Leave a comment:


  • Runner
    Guest replied
    Current triggers:
    SM ALJ SWFT

    Few still in set up mode:
    DIGE BVN ATRS

    Leave a comment:


  • Runner
    Guest replied
    SM-gives confirmation long off P&F chart

    Leave a comment:


  • Runner
    Guest replied
    I like BVN as it put in a nice base and currently in first P/B.
    SWFT- may be putting in a bear flag.
    NGPS- is currently in First pullback from base
    ALJ- Pull back out of base

    Leave a comment:


  • Runner
    Guest replied
    I’m finding a few possible swing opportunities in the following:
    DIGE BVN EAC SM CEO DNR BKD UNT NBR BBG ALJ NGPS SWFT(short)

    Independent Oil and Gas and Oil Drillers.

    Leave a comment:


  • Runner
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by Runner
    I like WNR and instead of repeating my post I have my plan on this trade located on my blog thing... http://geoshorttermtrading.blogspot....06/07/wnr.html
    The fish that got away..haha

    Leave a comment:


  • Runner
    Guest replied
    Possible swing plays early next week.. I got a few shorts in the mix. I still don't see much on the long side. http://www.stocktickr.com/George/

    Leave a comment:


  • Runner
    Guest replied
    Well another stop out @ R1 with KBH and this makes a total of 3. Random port is sucking wind and thus far this little 10K is down 440.33. Only positive positions after first week is NJR CBSS and BYD. The 30/70 mix did not pan out this week as far as the shorts. I can see where this can really move against you if on the wrong side of the market. I’ll continue to play this port out and see what happens. I’ll set up another one and this time instead of the random entries I’ll focus on set-ups I like and compare both ports.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X