Runner's Rascals

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Runner
    Guest replied
    entire bow scan as of 1030 today

    AAPL
    ABC
    AIV
    ALEX
    ALK
    ASN
    BBBY
    BBH
    CCE
    CGNX
    CHRW
    CKR
    CLUB
    CMCO
    CY
    CYNO
    DF
    DIGE
    DJUSSC
    DSPG
    ENDP
    ENL
    ESS
    EVV
    EVVV
    FORM
    FRED
    GAP
    GCF
    GHCI
    GYMB
    HCC
    HR
    ID
    INTC
    ISCA
    JOE
    JOSB
    KIM
    LCAV
    LCRD
    LIFC
    LRCX
    LTM
    LUV
    MAPS
    MCHP
    MG516
    MG716
    MG831
    MSTR
    MW
    NYB
    OLA
    PBI
    PETM
    PFCB
    PGNX
    PLSB
    PRFT
    PSI
    QSFT
    REGN
    RI
    RUTH
    RWR
    SBAC
    SMH
    SRR
    TGT
    VECO
    WOOF
    XTXI

    Leave a comment:


  • Runner
    Guest replied
    Peanuts, here is a chart of GHDX and I’ve highlighted some of my study pertaining to Wide bar days. It also is tightly related to volatility.

    Currently I see the expansion phase pushed this stock from 16’s to 24. This is a huge run. I think the compression phase is needed here before any huge run again. Notice my red lines indicating areas I feel are key.

    Leave a comment:


  • peanuts
    replied
    Originally posted by Runner View Post
    Possible new trend forming off Bow Tie:

    HLEX- I like how this stock has been in a nice downtrend and currently showing new signs of life.
    HLEX's chart does look like it wants to take off. I think it will at least test the resistance at $25 based on the recent strength. Nice crossover of 20 day EMA and 50 day MA. The sector also seems to be strong.

    GHDX may have put in a bottom on Friday. It has bounced off of the 50 day MA before. It might do it again...

    Leave a comment:


  • Tatnic
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by Runner View Post
    Tatnic, it took me a while to understand your point. I'm over it now. It is so very true we all have different ideas and styles...
    good luck to you George...and watch your back in this market going forward

    Leave a comment:


  • Runner
    Guest replied
    Tatnic, it took me a while to understand your point. I'm over it now. It is so very true we all have different ideas and styles...

    Leave a comment:


  • Tatnic
    Guest replied
    [QUOTE=Runner;63367]Folks it has been a pleasure for me to have found MM’s forum. I’ve completed my quest here and in closing I shall say my findings in public.

    I'm having a hard time following your true meaning here. Did you say you had hundreds of profitable ideas and that no one acknowledged them? If its true that you had hundreds of profitable ideas then I missed out and I'm sorry.

    One thing I've noticed over the years is that there are so many styles of investing and trading that its quite rare to find someone who matches your style perfectly and will benefit from it. For every profitable idea that pops up on this forum I can usually find 3 or 4 better ones and I don't bother posting them because I know most in here won't either comprehend them or care about them because they have their own set of eyes and experiences that influence their trading/investing choices. To be honest I've never even checked one of your suggestions because for some reason I just don't think its worth the effort.

    Leave a comment:


  • Runner
    Guest replied
    Here is todays buy signals. I've not yet tweeked the volume filter yet and code is set up for pullback buys. Still in development stage.

    Leave a comment:


  • Lyehopper
    replied
    Originally posted by skiracer View Post
    Basically it comes down to that it is gambling but in an educated sort of way if you can control it and make it that. I'm sure all of us here have experienced exactly what Lye has posted. You'll feel better after getting the next two or three winners under your belt.
    LOL!.... Let-er-ride!!!! Baby needs a new pair of shoes!

    Ski.... I really hate to use the "G word" here. Technically you could say that being in business for oneself or raising Beef Cattle is "gambling in a controlled sort of way" as well.

    I'd rather refer to my active trading addiction as "investing in an aggressive sort of way"....

    Leave a comment:


  • skiracer
    replied
    Originally posted by Lyehopper View Post
    Runner.... Speaking from experience I can honestly say that I am a "stock market junkie" or SMJ.... I have had to "reel myself in" more than once over the years.... Like anyone who deals successfully with an addiction you must identify it and admit it first.... Being a SMJ can result in bad things in ones life. Precious time can be wasted, money can be risked, family can be neglected, one's job or business can suffer due to this obsession or addiction. A forum like this is just part of the addiction....

    It is wise (in my opinion) to realize the addiction and decide to control it for a change. Do you have to quit "cold turkey"? Well, that's up to the individual. Some can drink alcohol on a controlled level and some decide to quit altogether if it's a disruptive force in their lives. Nothing wrong with walking away and coming up with a plan.

    Here's what I have recently realized about myself.... I love the action of active trading. I LOVE to make a big gain on a well thought out trade, it gives me a "rush".... The problem with a fella like me is this.... While I can make some awesome trades from time-to-time and when I'm "on my game" I think I'm invincible, then I get hammered by a few trades and get mad with myself. Here's what I have done to combat this addiction that I so dearly love. I have set up a much smaller account that is just for active trading. The bulk of my money is parked in safer 'vehicles" and longer term stocks. This seems to work for me as I am not ready to give up the addiction all together.... I have also decided to cut back on my forum activity. I read what I can and I enjoy it very much but I have too many other things that I need to be doing. So I guess what I'm saying is this.... I feel your pain as a fellow SMJ dude!....
    Basically it comes down to that it is gambling but in an educated sort of way if you can control it and make it that. I'm sure all of us here have experienced exactly what Lye has posted. You'll feel better after getting the next two or three winners under your belt.

    Leave a comment:


  • Lyehopper
    replied
    Smj....

    Originally posted by Runner View Post
    Wow you guys are a tough bunch. Every one of you have prompted me some thoughts that I failed to pick up on. I know deep down that each one of you wish to do that right thing. I think Rob hit the nail on the head. I’m in burn out mode. I’ve always wanted to through out my crazy ideas in hope that maybe one person might benefit from something I wrote. Guys this is not the first time on this forum I’ve reached the burn out mode..

    I thank each one of you that expressed your point of views and I value the time it took for you to do so. I’ll just chill out for a while and take it from there. Looking into my brain I see the frustration and have been doing some much needed soul searching. I simply got out of balance with my life. Yea I know this sounds deep. I was letting the markets consume every fiber of my being… Crazy right? I’ve even had sleepless nights and I’d get up and look over charts all night then go to work... and chase fireflies.. This went on for three days straight with zero sleep…heck I thought I was back in Iraq for a minute.. I kid you not as GOD is my witness.. Well I think it is time for a vacation from the grind and recharge my brain and try to get back in balance with life. Key word is BALANCE…

    It was some of the things you people said right here that made me realize what was happening with me. I had not a clue until I read your posts…

    Guys I sincerely thank you !!
    Runner.... Speaking from experience I can honestly say that I am a "stock market junkie" or SMJ.... I have had to "reel myself in" more than once over the years.... Like anyone who deals successfully with an addiction you must identify it and admit it first.... Being a SMJ can result in bad things in ones life. Precious time can be wasted, money can be risked, family can be neglected, one's job or business can suffer due to this obsession or addiction. A forum like this is just part of the addiction....

    It is wise (in my opinion) to realize the addiction and decide to control it for a change. Do you have to quit "cold turkey"? Well, that's up to the individual. Some can drink alcohol on a controlled level and some decide to quit altogether if it's a disruptive force in their lives. Nothing wrong with walking away and coming up with a plan.

    Here's what I have recently realized about myself.... I love the action of active trading. I LOVE to make a big gain on a well thought out trade, it gives me a "rush".... The problem with a fella like me is this.... While I can make some awesome trades from time-to-time and when I'm "on my game" I think I'm invincible, then I get hammered by a few trades and get mad with myself. Here's what I have done to combat this addiction that I so dearly love. I have set up a much smaller account that is just for active trading. The bulk of my money is parked in safer 'vehicles" and longer term stocks. This seems to work for me as I am not ready to give up the addiction all together.... I have also decided to cut back on my forum activity. I read what I can and I enjoy it very much but I have too many other things that I need to be doing. So I guess what I'm saying is this.... I feel your pain as a fellow SMJ dude!....

    Leave a comment:


  • Runner
    Guest replied
    Short term list

    (2/2/7)List will change often. The stocks mentioned here are for the most part momentum stocks with high historic volatility. Please do not buy these stocks unless they fit your style. Never buy any stock unless you do your own homework. Selection of stocks are only taken from a chart and I do not look into earnings for these potential plays.


    Possible P/B plays:

    None


    Possible First P/B set ups out of base:


    NONE


    Possible new trend forming off Bow Tie:


    NONE










    Possible Short Plays:

    None



    1. What is the stock doing?

    a. trending
    b. sideways
    c. accelerating

    2. What is the sector doing and is this stock in rhythm with sector?

    3. What is the S&P 500 doing?

    4. What is the plan of execution?

    5. Where do I get out if wrong?

    6. Position size 1%

    7. Initial Profit target (IPT)

    8. Trail stop

    Batch 1 Jan 19 2007 32.66% SPWR MNST WAT CBG WAT AMP LCAV HLEX
    Last edited by Guest; 02-02-2007, 08:12 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • skiracer
    replied
    Originally posted by jiesen View Post
    Runner,

    NBB wants more feedback from you, you want more feedback from everyone, and I'm sure everyone wants to get as much as possible out of this forum. While there's always room for improvement, I know and you know that we're all busy people and can only contribute to a forum like this on an as-possible basis.

    So, while I appreciate to an extent your frustration at not getting what you'd want (in a perfect world) from this group, and at the same time concede that I'm the first head that your TA flies over, I also want to say that your contribution here is very much appreciated by everyone, even those who are left speechless by the charts.

    In other words: Runner, please don't go!

    Rather than simply stop at that, I'll make a suggestion or two for you. While your ideas may not get the kinds of response that you desire here, that doesn't make posting them a bad thing. Perhaps you can adjust a few things to make it a more positive experience for you. Firstly, you can post the ideas that you have here, just as a journal for yourself- this is useful for your own introspection. It's also the main reason I keep up my thread here. I realize most here (or most that post) are TA experts and love discussing the finer points of EW or SHS formations, and have little use for my FA opinion on things- and likewise you should realize that your brand of TA is likely different enough from others' that they just might not know where to start in a discussion on it. That doesn't mean that at some point someone wouldn't strike up an invaluable discussion with you about it, given ,
    enough interest in your thread. I guess what I'm saying is, keep it up, but keep it real, w/r/t expectations. And remember that the one to benefit most from your posts *necessarily* is you.
    Jiesen,
    You should seek a position as an arbitrater. Nicely put. I would also like to see more FA on anyone's part. Never know when you might just find something worthwhile from somewhere that you don't usually look.

    Leave a comment:


  • jiesen
    replied
    Runner,

    NBB wants more feedback from you, you want more feedback from everyone, and I'm sure everyone wants to get as much as possible out of this forum. While there's always room for improvement, I know and you know that we're all busy people and can only contribute to a forum like this on an as-possible basis.

    So, while I appreciate to an extent your frustration at not getting what you'd want (in a perfect world) from this group, and at the same time concede that I'm the first head that your TA flies over, I also want to say that your contribution here is very much appreciated by everyone, even those who are left speechless by the charts.

    In other words: Runner, please don't go!

    Rather than simply stop at that, I'll make a suggestion or two for you. While your ideas may not get the kinds of response that you desire here, that doesn't make posting them a bad thing. Perhaps you can adjust a few things to make it a more positive experience for you. Firstly, you can post the ideas that you have here, just as a journal for yourself- this is useful for your own introspection. It's also the main reason I keep up my thread here. I realize most here (or most that post) are TA experts and love discussing the finer points of EW or SHS formations, and have little use for my FA opinion on things- and likewise you should realize that your brand of TA is likely different enough from others' that they just might not know where to start in a discussion on it. That doesn't mean that at some point someone wouldn't strike up an invaluable discussion with you about it, given enough interest in your thread. I guess what I'm saying is, keep it up, but keep it real, w/r/t expectations. And remember that the one to benefit most from your posts *necessarily* is you.

    Leave a comment:


  • New-born baby
    replied
    What I would like to see

    Runner,
    I love your work, and I sure hope you reconsider. But what I'd like to see from your posts is a little more 'why we should buy/sell' a stock. What I mean by this is that you say things like, "Here are 15 stocks I found." Okay, how did you find them? What makes them attractive? Tell me why.

    Another example: you wrote "these left the mother ship." Please tell me why. When Peanuts says, "Maybe if you dumbed down the posts, more participation would happen," this is what he is referring.

    Sometimes you do tell me why. You wrote, "I wouldn't buy CEO now since is dropped 4% after the breakout. That tells me there is a trend change." Excellent!

    But I would beware of just posting a chart without comments because I (for one) am too ignorant to grasp the meaning. I need an explanation.

    I think you have lots and lots to offer this board, and I sure want to read it, as do Rob, Ski, Peanuts, Spike and others who have posted their dissappointment at your leaving. Besides that there are many lurkers out there who do not post, but do enjoy the reading. You have so much to offer. I just wish you'd stick around and offer it, and with a careful explanation.

    Leave a comment:


  • Lyehopper
    replied
    Why leave.... Just take a break.

    Runner.... Your Hits to Posts ratio is one one the highest here at over 23.... That's right 23 or more members read every post made here. What more do you want dude?.... More popularity? Only NBB is more popular here and you ain't "preacher material" dude....

    I for one will really miss the thread. Please reconsider.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X