Runner's Rascals

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Lyehopper
    replied
    Originally posted by scifos
    DRI is on my watchlist too. What do you like about it?
    They've got a new chain called "Smokey Bones" Just opened a new store in town here.... Pretty good too. http://www.smokeybones.com/menu/default.asp

    Leave a comment:


  • Runner
    Guest replied
    TMI pops out of the compression zone with a little move out today. I did not buy this stock or any, but just playing with the compression zone..

    Leave a comment:


  • Runner
    Guest replied
    Scifos, I like the fact that DRI has pulled back a little. I don’t like the sector action however and I feel others look better. I guess I just added it because of the nice clean p/b.

    Here a few that I’ll be looking at closer tonight
    DAKT COL ADCT KNDL CELL

    Leave a comment:


  • scifos
    replied
    DRI is on my watchlist too. What do you like about it?

    Leave a comment:


  • Runner
    Guest replied
    Thurs List:

    Leave a comment:


  • Runner
    Guest replied
    AIRM- 60min chart STO 26.43UP, trigger 23.75, 15dma 23.67 (key watch 23.85-24.15)
    15min chart STO 53.80 UP, trigger 23.70, 15DMA 23.55 Stop 23.31
    3 min chart STO 7.11 DOWN, 200dma 23.75
    Insure longer term time frame STO continues to head up look off 3 min STO pop over 20 band for entry. If it works out one could scale out off initial risk of +.44 and trail rest

    Leave a comment:


  • Runner
    Guest replied
    PARL- 60 min chart STO 9.92 flat, trigger 36.17, 15dma 35.88
    15 min chart STO 41.49 UP trigger 35.70 stop 35.14
    15DMA 35.40
    3min chart STO 47.18 UP, 200DMA 35.75

    Watch 60min STO for hook above 20-band key off 15min chart for entry and stop

    Leave a comment:


  • Runner
    Guest replied
    Oh I should mention I’m still looking at day trades over the last few weeks. Some on the lists have set up very well and even would have worked well for a swing..

    Leave a comment:


  • Runner
    Guest replied
    AIRM TRANSPORTATION - Air Services, Other
    DHI MATERIALS & CONSTRUCTION - Residential Construction
    ECOL MATERIALS & CONSTRUCTION - Waste Management
    EZPW SPECIALTY RETAIL - Specialty Retail, Other
    IHS COMPUTER SOFTWARE & SERVICES - Business Software & Services
    IKAN TELECOMMUNICATIONS - Communication Equipment
    OMX WHOLESALE - Wholesale, Other
    PARL CONSUMER NON-DURABLES - Personal Products
    POZN DRUGS - Drug Manufacturers - Other
    RBAK COMPUTER SOFTWARE & SERVICES - Business Software & Services
    RTEC ELECTRONICS - Scientific & Technical Instruments
    THRX DRUGS - Biotechnology
    TKC TELECOMMUNICATIONS - Wireless Communications
    TOL MATERIALS & CONSTRUCTION - Residential Construction
    VTAL COMPUTER SOFTWARE & SERVICES - Business Software & Services
    WCC WHOLESALE - Electronics Wholesale
    XRTX COMPUTER HARDWARE - Data Storage Devices

    Leave a comment:


  • Runner
    Guest replied
    The Guppy Multiple Moving Averages

    Leave a comment:


  • New-born baby
    replied
    Mystery chart

    $pike, Runner,
    Thank you for posting your thoughts. $pike, you are always invited! In fact, anybody and everybody is invited to post in response to anything I put on the board. I want to hear what others have learned.

    The stock--you guess it $pike--is VLO, a commodity based equity. The price resistance is currently pretty strong at $56.50, and it has moved up on lower volume. I think there are those who expect oil to continue to decline, and that broadening wedge is screaming "bear." Lately the chart has been quite loose--usually a sign of falling prices, I think. The Elliott aspect of the chart is outside my expertise, so I really appreciate Runner's comments. PnF says she's working towards being a $32 stock. The indecision in the price swings are due to the oil price fluctuations we have seen of late. I think that oil is at a critical juncture right now, and I look for oil to make a run higher. I personally am looking at $80+ oil sometime in 2006.

    Currently the chart says to me that VLO is going to move lower. Chart is too loose and gappy and volume too low to expect otherwise. Still, one bomb in Saudi Arabia could change everything. I own VLO.

    Leave a comment:


  • spikefader
    replied
    Originally posted by Runner
    Here my swing trading results.
    Nice results Runner. Congratulations dude!

    Leave a comment:


  • diogenes
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by Runner
    Here my swing trading results. I got stopped out of NEWP and forgot to enter data on LUB. Not many trades as the market conditions have not been my cup on tea. Now I need to do this for my day trades.
    Interesting graph, as it looks like a basic s.d.e. with upward trend and all.
    Last edited by Guest; 02-26-2006, 12:43 PM. Reason: spelling

    Leave a comment:


  • spikefader
    replied
    New-Born,

    ooooooooooooh, can I play please?? hehe I love these mystery things.

    Here's my uninvited observations:

    The stock has been trending sideways to up, higher highs and higher lows. The 50.00 and 55.00 areas has been traded in higher volume, and the stock price for this stock tends to fall faster than it rises. There are lots of gaps which suggests a commodity issue to me, perhaps overnight news or international exchange influence affecting opening price. 55.00 was recent resistance that price recently broke over, but on lighter volume, suggesting uncertainty. There is also a broadening pattern, perhaps even diamond-like, which are topping patterns.

    The 57.50 area is price resistance and I'd rather be a seller than a buyer here.

    What does the chart say to you NB?

    Leave a comment:


  • Runner
    Guest replied
    NB, looks like this stock put in the abc from the top and found support. Looks like the stock can trade a little wide and loose. If you entered off that booming candle you’re in good shape. Next bull task just over 57.50 and Bear task to drop it under support. I have reason to believe this stock will test old highs as the 3 comes in for a push. Now if it drops under the support it could drop back to test the C. ME personally would not play with it if Current support fails.

    Is thing a longer-term hold/swing or day trade?

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X