Runner's Rascals

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DSteckler
    Guest replied
    << Well well look at the little railroad group. Wonder if any stocks in this group will present a buying op in the near future? >>

    Runner, I posted about BNI a day or two ago on my board. It's done really well since late June, however it formed a harami cross today so the short-term move may be lower. The 20-day EMA hasn't acted as much support in the past but the 50DMA has done so.

    Leave a comment:


  • Runner
    Guest replied
    Top 10 from last swing high :

    Leave a comment:


  • Runner
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by Runner
    Well well look at the little railroad group. Wonder if any stocks in this group will present a buying op in the near future?

    Leave a comment:


  • Runner
    Guest replied
    23.29 trigger line short on ALKS
    GHDX setting up long. Nice B/O from base and currently pulling back.
    ZVXI setting up long volume a little thin

    Leave a comment:


  • Runner
    Guest replied
    FRD has jumped over 23% in last 5 days with volume

    Leave a comment:


  • Runner
    Guest replied
    I think ALKS may set up short

    Leave a comment:


  • Runner
    Guest replied
    CAL, VLTR might set up short

    Leave a comment:


  • Runner
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by Runner
    RHAT looks like a short off the daily chart. Gap down against trend with failed retest. It could accelerate under 28.10 area.
    RHAT hits ITP

    Last edited by Guest; 01-24-2006, 02:30 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Runner
    Guest replied
    Still not many set-ups here tonight. Few that caught my eye as possible shorts. I see nothing to get excited about in the markets right now and will likely stay in cash.

    ANSS AGU MWY SYNA AMR

    Leave a comment:


  • Runner
    Guest replied
    RHAT looks like a short off the daily chart. Gap down against trend with failed retest. It could accelerate under 28.10 area.

    Leave a comment:


  • RL
    replied
    Runner say It Isn't so looking for you to re-enter the POTW

    Leave a comment:


  • Runner
    Guest replied
    Ski, thanks this model is not about getting rich quick. Model has a risk tolerance of only $250 per position and shares purchase is based off ATR. 2% model allows for $500 risk per position. Very simple system as size of position is based off volatility.

    I don’t look at the percentage bases for stops. I know if I do get stopped my risk is $250 that is the tolerance of the model, of coarse gaps can be nasty. I pulled my stop on ALKS Friday, as that stock would have kicked me out with a hard stop. I wanted out since my ATR tolerance was against me. I moved into loss recovery and was able to exit at a higher price. Sometimes holding hard stops overnight can cause one to get stopped out. It happens that ALKS did in fact open down where my stop was just to reverse slightly to the upside. When this happens I want out zero questions asked.

    Leave a comment:


  • billyjoe
    replied
    Runner,
    I agree that increased trading leads to decreasing return. In the POTW it has backfired on me everytime the initial pick is sold and another substituted.Everyone has a different trading style , but mine will be mid and longer term holding from now on.

    billyjoe

    Leave a comment:


  • skiracer
    replied
    Originally posted by Runner
    Here is my 1% model result for the current year.
    Host your images online with an easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

    AMLN was a trade a messed up on by micro managing it. Other than that I would not change anything.
    Runner,
    Nice results. They all add up to increasing net capital to trade with.

    Leave a comment:


  • Runner
    Guest replied
    Here is my 1% model result for the current year.
    Host your images online with an easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

    AMLN was a trade a messed up on by micro managing it. Other than that I would not change anything.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X