Runner's Rascals

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Runner
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by skiracer
    Runner,

    You guys really should check out Deron Wagner at www.morpheustradinggroup.com. If not to take the free 1 month trial for his ETF newsletter but to visit the site to read the archives on his ETF sector plays. I've been making money with him on these regularly for the past 2 1/2 years. Worth a look.
    Ski, I think you told me about that website last year. I’ll take another peek at it and see what is going on. It must be a pretty good site as you have highly recommended it before. Ski thanks for the site and I’m going to check it out tonight. I’ve recently became interested in ETF’s..

    Leave a comment:


  • Runner
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by TFred
    Greetings Runner,

    Have you looked at these?

    IIF,GCH,IFN,SGF,CLM,

    All closed index funds,CLM has a monthly div at almost 15%.

    IIF and IFN both India funds paying 7%+dividend,on top NAV increasing.

    GCH,China play,I think the dragon market may be starting to move,been flat for years,also pays almost 5%

    My sleeper is SGF,singapore fund,low volume,and yield,yet I think this market is ready to boom.

    You already know I like EWM,and your pick EWS.

    I'm with you as far as giving up on individual picks,instead buying the markets that money is flowing to.

    cordially Tom
    Tom, I have not given up on swings but just have not had much time to look into much that has been going on. I like ETF’s because you’re buying a basket of stocks. I don’t know why there is not much interest in this type of investment. Sure you don’t get the 20% moves is a day but if you catch it right you can rack up some profits. My little ETF funds (IYM IWJ) is up over 17% since 3/21/06. I’m going to do a ETF scan this weekend and look for a possible few more positions. I have noticed last week many looked extended but we shall see how things now look.

    I’ll check out those charts you’ve mentioned latter this weekend and best with your trading.

    Leave a comment:


  • skiracer
    replied
    Originally posted by TFred
    Greetings Runner,

    Have you looked at these?

    IIF,GCH,IFN,SGF,CLM,

    All closed index funds,CLM has a monthly div at almost 15%.

    IIF and IFN both India funds paying 7%+dividend,on top NAV increasing.

    GCH,China play,I think the dragon market may be starting to move,been flat for years,also pays almost 5%

    My sleeper is SGF,singapore fund,low volume,and yield,yet I think this market is ready to boom.

    You already know I like EWM,and your pick EWS.

    I'm with you as far as giving up on individual picks,instead buying the markets that money is flowing to.

    cordially Tom
    Runner,

    You guys really should check out Deron Wagner at www.morpheustradinggroup.com. If not to take the free 1 month trial for his ETF newsletter but to visit the site to read the archives on his ETF sector plays. I've been making money with him on these regularly for the past 2 1/2 years. Worth a look.

    Leave a comment:


  • TFred
    Guest replied
    Greetings Runner,

    Have you looked at these?

    IIF,GCH,IFN,SGF,CLM,

    All closed index funds,CLM has a monthly div at almost 15%.

    IIF and IFN both India funds paying 7%+dividend,on top NAV increasing.

    GCH,China play,I think the dragon market may be starting to move,been flat for years,also pays almost 5%

    My sleeper is SGF,singapore fund,low volume,and yield,yet I think this market is ready to boom.

    You already know I like EWM,and your pick EWS.

    I'm with you as far as giving up on individual picks,instead buying the markets that money is flowing to.

    cordially Tom

    Leave a comment:


  • Runner
    Guest replied
    Poor timing on my PXJ position. Putting stop under LOD. Turning short term bear on oil..

    Leave a comment:


  • Runner
    Guest replied
    Overseas funds continue to blow the doors off US. EWW (Mexico) loking pretty good today. My limit triggered on PXJ and still holding IYM and EWJ. Zero swings open here. PXJ is a energy ETF composed of 30 stocks. Closed out PBW last week and will look to reenter long again. Keeping an eye on EWS @ monthly R-line. This one could get interesting above 9.50

    Leave a comment:


  • Runner
    Guest replied
    RKH has 19 stocks that make up the ETF the stocks are:
    NTRS BAC BBT WB STT JPM PNC PJC WFC MEL NCC MI STI ASO KEY USB SNV FITB CMA

    Those making all time highs are:
    BAC PJC WFC

    Leave a comment:


  • Runner
    Guest replied
    ETF Delta scans in relation to the S&P500

    First leg 12/30/05 to 4/28/06 S&P up 4.99%162 ETF’s out performed the S&P during this time. Here is the top 20 during this time frame



    Next leg is taken from 04/17/06-04/28/06. During this time the S&P was up 1.97%.



    Notice the Banks trying to pop. I’ve also been noticing the overseas funds are outperforming the stateside funds. I’ll be looking closely at these… Due to my limited time I have I'll be focusing on ETF's..

    Leave a comment:


  • Websman
    replied
    Originally posted by Lyehopper
    Your FUEL rebounded strongly today Webs.... Looks good to me for next week dude.... btw, I own it too.
    Oil goes up...we make $$$...Jeeeeeeejeeeeeejeeeeeee....ahhhhh...JEEEEEEE !!!

    Leave a comment:


  • Lyehopper
    replied
    Originally posted by Websman
    Oil closed at around $75 today. Energy stocks should rock next week.
    Your FUEL rebounded strongly today Webs.... Looks good to me for next week dude.... btw, I own it too.

    Leave a comment:


  • Websman
    replied
    Oil closed at around $75 today. Energy stocks should rock next week.

    Leave a comment:


  • Runner
    Guest replied
    Watch List 04/24/06
    ARD
    ENERGY - Oil & Gas Drilling & Exploration
    BHP
    METALS & MINING - Industrial Metals & Minerals
    CENX
    METALS & MINING - Aluminum
    CRDN
    MANUFACTURING - Industrial Equipment & Components
    EXP
    MATERIALS & CONSTRUCTION - Cement
    GRP
    ENERGY - Oil & Gas Equipment & Services
    KEA
    COMPUTER SOFTWARE & SERVICES - Information Technology Services
    LUFK
    ENERGY - Oil & Gas Equipment & Services
    MLI
    MANUFACTURING - Metal Fabrication
    NETL
    ELECTRONICS - Semiconductor - Memory Chips
    OVTI
    ELECTRONICS - Semiconductor - Integrated Circuits
    PDC
    ENERGY - Oil & Gas Drilling & Exploration
    PTEN
    ENERGY - Oil & Gas Drilling & Exploration
    PVA
    ENERGY - Independent Oil & Gas
    RIV
    LEISURE - Resorts & Casinos
    ROCK
    METALS & MINING - Steel & Iron
    SWN
    ENERGY - Independent Oil & Gas
    THX
    ENERGY - Independent Oil & Gas
    UDRL
    ENERGY - Oil & Gas Drilling & Exploration

    Leave a comment:


  • billyjoe
    replied
    Runner,
    Check the date on your chart. I've been tracking FRD also and have it at 10.75.

    billyjoe


    Sorry , Runner, I see it was posted earlier.
    Last edited by billyjoe; 04-21-2006, 06:10 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Runner
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by Runner

    FRD could get interesting if it can take out 8.00 and stick.
    I thought MM had this stock once

    Leave a comment:


  • Runner
    Guest replied
    Different is sometimes good and my charts may not follow a logic for many and that is fine as I wish not to impose my wild ideas on anyone. But if so why should I post a picture of a chart in the first place? Good question and I guess my answer is because that’s all I know. I need a visual representation.

    Best with your trading and go with what you believe!!!!

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X